Mad Mike in partnership with Hampton Downs welcome you to come test and advance your drifting skills in a fun, non competitive environment. We will provide regular track dates on the latest club circuit extension and the only opportunity to drift the course in reverse configuration at Mad Mike Drift FORCE.
Our goal is to provide drift track days to help grow the sport of drifting and make it attainable for any level of driver and car to get on track in a safe and legal environment, whether you just want to slide around with friends or build drifting into a career.
This will be run on the GT Radial Club circuit. There will be opportunities to drift the international circuit for the last hour of the day - these will be advised in our newsletters so make sure you are signed up.
- Classes: Pro / Intermediate / Novice
- 07:30 - Gates Open / Scrutineering open - in front of control tower
- 09:15 - Drivers Briefing by Control Tower
- 09:30 - 16:00 Track Time - Cycle in classes
- 12:30 - 13:00 Lunch break
- Last 30-40mins (depending on class timing) Open track for intermediate and pro only
- Sessions cycle in 20min blocks
- Pricing: $200 pre-registered only, we will no longer accept entries on the day.
- Passengers are permitted in roll caged cars ONLY. Indemnity must be signed, a wrist band will be issued. + Must have SFI single layer race suit, covered in shoes approved Frontal Head Restraint / Helmet - refer notes below. Cost: $30ea
- Spectators Free
- Media permitted, sign in for track access and breifing. Hampton Downs has a drone policy - contact Hampton Downs for details on approval process.
- NO DOGS - track rules
- NO trailers to be kept in the pit area, please unload and move to spectator parking
- NO Spectator parking in the pit area
Tech inspection / Rules and Regs:
- NO WOF or REG required
- NO Roll cage required - however, a roll cage is required if you are taking passengers or entering in pro sessions for tandem drifting
- FRONTAL HEAD RESTRAINTS:
- Frontal Head Restraints (FHR) are mandatory. For vehicles that have a 4 point harness or greater there are various tethered devices available including Hans, NecksGen REV, Impact, Accel or Simpson Hybrid. All of these are acceptable. Sliding tether is preffered option for drifting. For vehicles fitted with a standard lap and diagonal 3-point belt system – a foam roll / collar is acceptable.
- You can purchase frontal head restraints from:
- Harris Race Radios
- Chicane Racewear
- Racer Products
- Neil Allport Motorsport
- Race Tech
- Mandatory Safety wear: Helmet, FHR, single layer race suit, gloves, covered in shoes
- Minimum tech inspection will include: Seats fixed properly, seat belt checks, tow hooks (marked with decals), no oil leaks, secure battery mounts, no loose objects interior/exterior. Basic track ready inspection. If you have any concerns feel free to contact us prior to committing to the day.
Contact: Toni +6421755715
Track Location - On arrival follow the signs to the GT Radial Club Circuit.
Safety / Recovery / Fire / Ambulance on site
Conditions: Please note the booked dates are not transferable. All entrants are strictly supervised throughout the day. Hampton Downs Motorsport Park reserve the right to refuse or revoke any entrant at anytime. Should any extinguishers be used, the cost for re-filling will be charged on to the driver of the vehicle. Please read through the event Rules and Regulations for your safety and that of our other attendees on the day.